Phone Tips Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I got a phone running Gingerbread, how to I tether?

2 posters

Go down

I got a phone running Gingerbread, how to I tether? Empty I got a phone running Gingerbread, how to I tether?

Post  Bergen Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:38 am

I want to use my phone as a modem as I don't want to pay for internet at my uni flat when I move into private accomadation in a few weeks (I have an unlimited internet deal on my phone). Anyone know how to tether my phone so I can just use it?
I'll only be using it for E-mail and uni stuff so speed doesn't matter too much.

Bergen

Back to top Go down

I got a phone running Gingerbread, how to I tether? Empty Re: I got a phone running Gingerbread, how to I tether?

Post  Admin Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:41 am

Hey buddy, it's really easy, there is a Full guide to tethering on a Samsung Galaxy S2 (on that link). The guide should be pretty much the same for any phone running Gingerbread.

Could also be worth looking at using it as a Wi-Fi hotspot (Follow this guide instead) as it means you don't need to actually be physically connected to the phone. Your choice. Again this guide should be pretty much the same for any Gingerbread device.

Admin
Admin

https://phonetips.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

I got a phone running Gingerbread, how to I tether? Empty Re: I got a phone running Gingerbread, how to I tether?

Post  Bergen Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:59 am

Fantastic, cheers. Think that Hotspot idea sounds better, I'll stick that on a bedside cabinet and move around in bed. I'm assuming I can still get texts and stuff when I'm using it as a hotspot?

Bergen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down